March madness

March is a really unfortunate month for me.
The exams are steadily drawing near and all I want to do is not study. Happens to the best of us, I guess.

I blame the weather, really! January and February are too frigid and cold, April and May are hot and sweaty...but March - it's perfect.

It's not too hot, nor too cold, and the sky is a perfect never-ending blue. The birds are chirping, and there is laughter, and long, languid evenings spent out on the terrace with the family. The madness of March hits me out of the blue, and makes crave ice cream, and long drives, pani puri and the company of friends, and makes me want to fall in love with a person, a serial, a book, or a song.

It makes me want to paint (though I haven't lifted a brush for the last 3 years), and sing (my music teacher from school liked me better with my mouth shut) and write (even though the exams are drawing near) and do all sorts of wonderful crazy things.

But I can't. I have to pull out my text books and read.

March is wasted on fools like me.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tess of D'Urbervilles

Gudetama is my soulmate

Arbhaat short film club: 11th session