Late mornings on the campus

Today was a good day to be alive.

After the lecture was over, we sat on the stone steps of one of the buildings in college. The sky was leaden, and there was just a little nip in the air - not enough to make you reach for a sweater, but that kind, which is quite pleasurable when paired with a cup of tea.

And so we sat for hours (it seemed so, at least) talking and laughing, till all my friends disappeared one by one. I was the only one left - under the overcast sky and the slight wind - and I read a book.

It was beautiful. Not the book, the feeling.

The book was for the English class (which I bunked, but that isn't the point here, is it?) but I don't remember much of what I read. What I remember is the people passing by, the small drops of rain on my skin and the scent of the soil in the air.

It indeed was a good day to be alive.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tess of D'Urbervilles

Gudetama is my soulmate

From Campus to Corporate